In a piece, Utusan’s Awang Selamat had made various ridiculous allegations against the DAP and its leaders (including Lim Kit Siang):
One of it was that Lim Kit Siang was a Press Secretary to Mr Lee Kuan Yew, when Singapore was still in the Federation.
Over the years, various people have also made baseless allegations against DAP and Lim Kit Siang:
– DAP wants to create a Christian Malaysia and make Christianity the official religion;
– Appoint a Christian Prime Minister;
– Abolish the Sultanate system and establish a republic;
– Lim Kit Siang was responsible for the May 13 riots in 1969 and that he had roamed the streets of Kuala Lumpur after the 1969 general election results, hurling anti-Malay abuses resulting in the May 13 riots; and
– Lim Guan Eng was also responsible for the May 13 riots of 1969 on the ground that Guan Eng was the DAP Youth leader at the time and was in the forefront of anti-Malay attacks.
Read all these allegations and the rebunking by the man himself – Mr Lim Kit Siang of DAP on his blog:
“Utusan Malaysia living up to its reputation as “lies-paper” when its Awang Selamat alleged that ‘LKS adalah antara orang kepercayaan Kuan Yew ketika dalam PAP’ and that I was Kuan Yew’s press secretary” at http://blog.limkitsiang.com/2012/07/01/utusan-malaysia-living-up-to-its-reputation-as-lies-paper-when-its-awang-selamat-alleged-that-lim-kit-siang-adalah-antara-orang-kepercayaan-kuan-yew-ketika-dalam-pap/